The third and fourth steps on my online learning journey include this blog. First, I learned how to set up a blog (too easy) and now I am posting on it. I do have experience with blogging in that I set up a website for my musings during my pregnancy almost 2 years ago. Now I've got a cool little page that will show my little one what mommy was thinking as she prepared for his arrival. This blog here was easier to create, though. I can see using blogger to communicate with my students about topics we're learning in class. It would be simple to just create a blog before school starts with all the topics we're going to address that year. It could act as an online reference for them. I could use a blog site rather than a class website, which I've never quite been able to create due to the cost of hosting a website or the confusion of uploading a website into a free server (not to mention the scariness of not being able to choose the ads that go on your page...).
I think I'm going to create a blog this summer that will serve as a class website. It'll include everything from class rules to class news to content-related help by topic. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This is a great idea. I hope you'll share with us as this may give other people some ideas.
ReplyDelete